Careers at George I. Sanchez
AAMA has proudly been Empowering Learners and Inspiring Leaders for over 50 years in the areas of education, workforce development, counseling and prevention AND leadership.
We believe our successes are dependent upon fostering a work environment based on our core leadership competencies in Leading Self, Leading Others and Leading Community. Our employee behaviors of Innovation, Collaboration, Customer Focus and Excellence Driven from the foundation of all the work we do in these areas.
EVERY employee uniquely contributes to make AAMA a great place to work! Visit our careers page by clicking the link below to learn more about working with our AAMAzing team.
Why George I. Sanchez
If you want to be part of a supportive team that’s more like a family, then AAMA George I. Sanchez Charter Schools is for you.
- Teachers work closely with students to personalize learning
- Dedicated to strong professional development, mentor and leader support
- Family-like smaller campus settings. Servant leadership
- Collaborative and data driven team members
- We celebrate our teachers and students for their achievements
Our culture is the best!
Benefits & Perks
We are committed to ensuring our team members have healthy professional and personal lives. Here are a few of our benefits:
- Earn $1000 for teacher referrals we hire. No limit to the number of bonuses you can earn
- Leadership support for your own learning journey
- EAP for mental and financial health and simple legal matters
- Paid time off, TRS, employer-paid insurances and cell phone discounts
- Nationally accredited, affordable childcare at south campus
- Short and long-term disability options to support you during your time of need
Frequently Asked Questions
AAMA pays 75% of Employee Only medical premiums and between 50% and 60% of all other tiers. Our plan year is September through August.
All full time AAMA employees can take advantage of retirement savings through a personal retirement plan (403b). By setting up your account you can conveniently defer payroll dollars tax free. In addition to this, all school employees who regularly work 20 hours weekly or more are members of the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS).
All full time school employees accrue five days of sick leave and five days of vacation leave per school year in addition to time off at Thanksgiving, Christmas, a week at Spring break and a time off during the summer depending on the school calendar. All other employees receive 11 paid holidays, accrue up to 12 sick days per calendar year and accrue vacation based on years of service.
Other AAMA benefits include licensed, nationally accredited child care for employees at our South Campus, free Employee Assistance Program which provides confidential counseling including legal and financial counseling; voluntary vision and dental insurance, free life insurance and cell phone discounts. We also offer voluntary short and long term disability plans, accident and hospital confinement plans intended to supplement your income while off work.