Volunteering at AAMA is a hands-on and practical approach to empowering our clients and students and achieving our mission.
Whether you are a parent, an interested community supporter or a member of a corporate volunteer group, we have a place for you at AAMA! We have both ongoing and one-time opportunities to fit your interests and schedule.
All potential volunteers will need to contact the Development office at 713-929-2317. Staff can answer your questions, explore your interests and review current AAMA opportunities.
Most volunteers find that it helps to schedule a 30-45 minute tour/orientation. We can arrange a time that is convenient for you. All volunteers are required to attend volunteer orientation, submit an application, consent to a background check and complete all volunteer forms prior to initial start date.
A sampling of volunteer activities includes:
- Adelante summer camp counselors (July 10 - August 17)
- Sanchez Charter School tutors (Fall & Spring Semesters)
- Adelante - adult education tutors
- Early Childhood Center aides
- Special Event assistance
- Community Outreach Worker
- Office/Data Entry Clerks
- Corporate service projects
- Field Observation hours
George I. Sanchez Charter School North News
- Welcome Students
- Update on 2020-2021 School Year
- Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer
- Lia's Story
- 2020 Census