In March 2021, President Joseph Biden signed the American Rescue Plan Act, also known as the ARP Act, into law. In the ARP act, $122 billion was dedicated to the Elementary and Secondary School Education Relief (ESSER) funds for school districts across the country, which is the single largest investment in federal elementary and secondary education in the nation’s history. This grant is known as ARP Act ESSER III. The intent and purpose of the ARP Act ESSER III education funding is to help safely reopen and sustain the safe operation of schools and address the impact of the coronavirus on students.
In August 2021, We, George I. Sanchez Charter School, applied for ARP Act ESSER III funds. Our current allocation of ARP Act ESSER III funds is $2,619,752. These are additional funds designated to address the impact that COVID-19 has had, and continues to have, on our schools.
George I. Sanchez Charter school will utilize its ARP Act ESSER III funds to address issues caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. With the ARP Act ESSER III funds, all districts are required, by statue, to set aside 20% of their total allocation to address learning loss and to develop two plans: Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan (RIPICS) and Use of Funds Plan. George I. Sanchez held a public hearing and open comment for the RIPICS Plan on July 15, 2021. Surveys for the Use of Funds Plan and ESSER III application were conducted in May, June, and July 2021. These plans are linked below and will be reviewed and revised as necessary every six months.
- George I. Sanchez Charter School Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan
- George I. Sanchez Charter School Regreso seguro al plan de instrucción en persona y continuidad de servicios
- George I. Sanchez Charter School ESSER III PS3013 Program Plan Use of Funds
- George I. Sanchez Charter School Descripción del programa – ESSER III PS3013 uso de fondos
- George I. Sanchez Charter School ESSER III PS3014 Program Narrative Use of Funds
- George I. Sanchez Charter School Descripción del programa – ESSER III PS3014 uso de fondos