At Sanchez Charter School, students discover a pathway for achieving their educational and career goals. Students explore career options through activities such as college and career days, visits to college campuses, internships, dual credit courses, service learning projects and other learning experiences outside the classroom.
The Foundation High School Program with endorsements is a flexible program that allows students to pursue their interests. It is the default graduation program for students who entered high school in the 2014-15 school year or later. The program contains up to four parts:
- A 22-credit foundation plan which is the core of the Texas high school diploma program
- Five endorsement* options that allow students to focus on a related series of courses (Sanchez Charter School offers three endorsements in STEM, Business and Industry, and Multi-Disciplinary).
- A higher performance category called Distinguished Level of Achievement
- Performance Acknowledgments that note outstanding achievement in specific areas
More About Endorsements
Dual Credit Courses Through our partnership with Houston Community College, qualified high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors can take courses that earn both high school credit and college credit at the same time. Dual credit courses are offered at no charge to students, reducing the overall cost of college tuition and fees. Career and Technology Courses Students in Grades 9 -12 can take courses that combine rigorous academics with relevant career education so they can see the "usefulness" of what they are learning and choose an educational plan that is best for their goals and talents. Programs of study include:
- Business, Management and Administration
- Information Technology
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Health Science
Credit Recovery Our Credit Recovery program gives students who lack a credit in a course another chance to master the material and earn credit for the course. Accelerated students may also earn first-time credit for courses they take through this program. Tutoring Sanchez Charter School offers tutoring before school, after school and in Saturday School sessions. Summer School Students can take courses they failed or lack a credit in during the four week summer session that immediately follows the Spring Semester. Students may also earn first-time credit for selected courses during the summer.